Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
- This event has passed.
“A Walking Life”: Walk and Talk with Author Antonia Malchik, Girl Trek and Walk2Connect
May 21 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
A Walking Life: Walk and Talk with Author Antonia Malchik, GirlTrek, and Walk2Connect
TYPE: Special Event | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Mostly paths, some road | DISTANCE: Approx. 2.5 mi
Walk Description: Join Antonia Malchik, author of A Walking Life, GirlTrek, Walk2Connect, and Tattered Cover to connect with our walking story. Our walk will start at the MLK statue in City Park and end at Tattered Cover (Colfax) for an opportunity to spend more time with Antonia and attend her book signing.
“A Walking Life explores the relationship between walking and our humanity: how it relates to our health, creativity, and communities, how we have lost it through a century of car-centric design, how we can regain it, and more. It delves into the unanswered questions of our lives: Why are we so lonely? How can our technologies better serve us (rather than us serving them)? How does living together build trust?”
Walk Hosts: Pam Jiner of Girl Trek and Montbello Walks and Core-Owners of Walk2Connect; Mikaley Olsey, Tattered Cover. Please call Maria Rosa Galter @ 720-810-2837 for more information.
Meeting Location, Transit, and Parking: We will meet at 6:00 PM at the base of the Martin Luther King Jr statue in City Park, near 17th and York St. Take the 20 Bus to 17th and Esplanade and walk into the park. Follow the paths to the right of the Thatcher Fountain round-about to the MLK statue at the next round-about. There is parking in the park or along 17th St.
- Breaks, Restrooms: There are bathrooms/porta-potties around the paths at City Park.
- Weather: Due to varying weather conditions, please come prepared with enough layers and/or waterproof gear to keep yourself comfortable during the walk.
- Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
- Our walk will end at 7:00 PM at Tattered Cover, 2526 E Colfax Ave, Denver, for an opportunity to meet author, Antonia Malchik. It is an easy walk back to City Park down the City Park Esplanade.
Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience this calendar year
- Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
- Keep checking our main event calendar here
- Follow us on Facebook here
- Become a [email protected] Champion here
- Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH