Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
- This event has passed.
Sunday’s @ Baranof Park (Kodiak Walks)
February 10 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 12:00pm on Sunday, repeating until October 31, 2019
TYPE: Weekly | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Mostly track, some sidewalk, some road | DISTANCE: Approx. 2 mi |
Walk Description: Welcome to Kodiak Walks first weekly community walk! This walk is relaxed, casual, and fun. Come to make new friends while getting the mind, body, and spirit moving at the pace you were built to. Everyone is always welcome. For now we will be spending our time walking the track, and in the future we might venture out of the park for a change of scenery.
Walking Movement Leader: Angie Christiansen is a Clinical Social Worker, mom, and WalkStar! She knows the power that walking has on emotional wellbeingand sorting life out.
Schedule, Planning: We will meet on Sunday’s at 12pm under the football score board at the track at Baranof Park. We’ll talk through Kodiak Walks goals, answer any questions and lightly warm up. We should be done walking no later than 1pm. You can of course leave early if you need to. There is plenty of parking around the park.
– Dogs are not allowed on this one. – Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, these are allowed on the track.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms There is a public restroom next to the playground at the park.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, and snow or if there is evidence that a bear has been in the area within 1 hour.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Kodiak Walks walking experience in 2018.
RSVP: You register for this walk by A) scrolling down to the RSVP feature further down this page B) RSVPing on our Facebook events.
Kodiak Walks is supported by a unique partnership between Walk2Connect Coop and Kodiak Area Native Association. Our shared goal is to create a walking platform for people, places and community to increase whole-health outcomes in and around Kodiak.
1. Keep checking our main event calendar here
2. Follow us on Facebook here
3. Become a [email protected] Champion here
4. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
5.Sign-up for weekly national Walk2Connect emails here
Connect with our social media community ~ @kodiakwalks | #Lifeat3MPH w