Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you. Or you might also appreciate our MAP VIEW of upcoming events to find the nearest walk to you.
Join us for the 2018 Connection Challenge!
TYPE: STSP Monthly | PACE: Exploratory, Conversational | TERRAIN: Sidewalks, gravel paths, park trails | DISTANCE: Approx. 3 miles
Weather Update: Weather forecasts are pointing to 75% chance of snow with a high of 36 degrees all morning. This walk WILL go on in rain, snow, or shine. Please wear appropriate layers and clothing and if its snowing, come to enjoy a peaceful walk IN the snow!
Walk Description: We hope you can join us for a monthly walking experience that helps us come together ‘center to center’ around themes of peace, solidarity, and inner connection. This walking experience is inclusive to absolutely everyone. No matter your race, income level, age, faith, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender you are welcome to walk alongside of us. This will be a monthly walk happening at City Park (for now) to help us move, listen, and connect at the pace we were built to. There are so many things we can learn from one another, from nature, and from ourselves when we protect time to walk in silence and walk in community. Please be encouraged to bring your whole family, your partner, your neighbors, someone you might disagree with, someone you don’t understand, or just yourself.
The structure of the walking experience will generally follow the following format:
8:00-8:15 Gather, Introductions, 1 Minute of Silence
8:15-8:35 Warm-up, Start Walking
8:35-8:40 Reading, Sharing, Setting Intention (sometimes with special guests and readings will come from various traditions/artists/seekers)
8:40-9:00 Silent Walking
9:00-9:15 Sharing (while walking or in circle)
Walking Movement Leader: Jonathon Stalls is the Founder of Walk2Connect and is a Professional Member-Owner of the newly formed Walk2Connect Cooperative. He is also a student at the Living School for Action and Contemplation in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: We will meet at 8:00 a.m. on the South Side of the Martin Luther King Jr. Statue just North of 17th & Detroit. This will be a monthly walk happening on the FIRST Saturday of every month. There is plenty of parking around the statue. Please give yourself plenty of time if you’re never been. We will leave no later than 8:15 after introductions. Bus routes 20, 15, 40, and 24 are your closest routes.
– Dogs are allowed on this but please be mindful of silence. Please also be sure they are well-behaved and on a short leash. No retractable leashes please.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy. We can adapt the route so you are with our group on paved paths.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms (porto-potties) are available throughout the park. Please plan do plan on using restroom beforehand. We will stop and go a few times but we are generally the moving at a relaxed pace for the entirety of the route.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup, this page, or contact the leader if you are unsure.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2016.
RSVP: You register for this walk by A) Going through our Mile High Meetup group linked here or B) Emailing or calling Jonathon at jonathon (at) walk2connect (dot) com, 303.908.0076.
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a Life@3MPH Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH