Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you. Or you might also appreciate our MAP VIEW of upcoming events to find the nearest walk to you.
Join us for the 2018 Connection Challenge!
An event every month that begins at 8:00am on day First of the month, repeating indefinitely
TYPE: STSP Monthly | PACE: Exploratory, Conversational | TERRAIN: Sidewalks, gravel paths, park trails | DISTANCE: Approx. 3 miles
Walk Description: We hope you can join us for a monthly walking experience that helps us come together ‘center to center’ around themes of peace, solidarity, and inner connection. This walking experience is inclusive to absolutely everyone. No matter your race, income level, age, faith, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender you are welcome to walk alongside of us. This will be a monthly walk happening at City Park (for now) to help us move, listen, and connect at the pace we were built to. There are so many things we can learn from one another, from nature, and from ourselves when we protect time to walk in silence and walk in community. Please be encouraged to bring your whole family, your partner, your neighbors, someone you might disagree with, someone you don’t understand, or just yourself.
The structure of the walking experience will generally follow the following format:
8:00-8:15 Gather, Introductions, 1 Minute of Silence
8:15-8:35 Warm-up, Start Walking
8:35-8:40 Reading, Sharing, Setting Intention (sometimes with special guests and readings will come from various traditions/artists/seekers)
8:40-9:00 Silent Walking
Your Host: Walk2Connect Founder & Co-op Owner, Jonathon Stalls is a passionate social entrepreneur, grassroots movement building advocate and devoted long-distance walker based in Denver, CO. He has given much of his life to inspire human connection at a one-to-three mile-per-hour pace alongside a broad range of people groups. He is Founder and Member-Owner of Walk2Connect, a worker-owned cooperative focused on connection-based walking programs for people, places and community. He recently started a project called Intrinsic Paths which aims to hold a variety of invitations around themes of sacred presence, vulnerability, and inner freedom. You can learn more and support this creative project on Patreon here.
Jonathon completed a 3,030 mile 242-day walk across the USA in 2010 and the Camino de Santiago with his father in 2012. He facilitates a wide variety of contemplative and meditative walks covering a vast range of distances and geographies throughout the year. He also leads walking experiences through challenging pedestrian corridors across the country educating and grounding decision makers and communities on the many challenges facing vulnerable populations inside of the built environment. Jonathon recently completed his studies at the Living School for Action and Contemplation in Albuquerque, New Mexico. He writes and speaks on issues related to community wealth building, LGBTQ issues, contemplative action, and conscious communication and more. He resides in Denver’s North Park Hill neighborhood with his partner. Consider watching his 2013 TEDxMileHigh Talk “Life at 3MPH” here to learn more about his cross-country walk and the formation of Walk2Connect.
Guests: We have a any number of rotating guests who will co-host this walk with blessings, readings and other forms of service. If you are interested in being a part of an upcoming invitation, please let Jonathon know.
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: We will meet at 8:00 a.m. on the South Side of the Martin Luther King Jr. Statue just North of 17th & Detroit. This will be a monthly walk happening on the FIRST Saturday of every month. There is plenty of parking around the statue. Please give yourself plenty of time if you’re never been. We will leave no later than 8:15 after introductions. Bus routes 20, 15, 40, and 24 are your closest routes. Please be mindful of events at City Park on Saturdays. Give yourself extra time to park in the nearby neighborhoods to walk into the monument.
– Dogs are allowed on this but please be mindful of silence. Please also be sure they are well-behaved and on a short leash. No retractable leashes please.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy. We can adapt the route so you are with our group on paved paths.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms (porto-potties) are available throughout the park. Please plan do plan on using restroom beforehand. We will stop and go a few times but we are generally the moving at a relaxed pace for the entirety of the route.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup, this page, or contact the leader if you are unsure.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2018.
RSVP: You register for this walk by A) Going through our Mile High Meetup group linked here or B) Emailing or calling Jonathon at jonathon (at) walk2connect (dot) com, 303.908.0076.
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a Life@3MPH Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH