Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you. Or you might also appreciate our MAP VIEW of upcoming events to find the nearest walk to you.
Join us for the 2018 Connection Challenge!
- This event has passed.
Civic Area Tour for Newcomers (Boulder)
January 12 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
TYPE: Program | PACE: Gentle/Conversational | TERRAIN: Dirt and paved paths | DISTANCE: Approx. 1 mile
Walk Description: New to Boulder? Come walk with us and learn what Boulder’s downtown Civic Area has to offer! The Civic Area includes places you’ll want to know about, including the Public Library, West Senior Center, Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art (BMOCA), and the Dushanbe Teahouse. We’ll help you find these downtown landmarks and learn about all they have to offer.
Schedule, Planning & Transit: Meet us in the plaza on the north side of the Dushanbe Teahouse on 13th between Canyon and Arapahoe. We’ll start walking after introductions at about 1:05. Several buses serve the area, including the Skip down Broadway, the Jump down Arapahoe and the 205 down Canyon.
Walking Movement Leader: Suzanne Michot is a naturalist and avid walker who has been leading Boulder Ramblers walks and hikes for more than two years.
– Be sure to wear clothing and footwear appropriate to the weather, and bring traction or ice cleats for safety, if it’s icy outside.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online“Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience this year: http://walk2connect.com/welcomewaiver/
Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightning. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here: (http://eepurl.com/XPdKH)
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here: (http://www.walk2connect.com/events)
3. Follow us on Facebook here: (http://www.facebook.com/walk2connect)
4. Become a [email protected] Champion here: (http://walk2connect.com/community/champions/)
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here: (http://walk2connect.com/community/walkingmovementleaders/)
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH