Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
- This event has passed.
Denver Dietetic Association Walk & Talk
June 2, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
TYPE: PRGM | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Mostly sidewalk, some grass/dirt trail, some road | DISTANCE: Approx. 3-4mi
Walk Description: Kick off summer with members of the Denver Dietetic Association as we spend our Saturday morning walking around the Cherry Creek neighborhood! We’ll start and end our day at the Cherry Creek Whole Foods, and incorporate some fun activities at nearby parks, like yoga and barre exercises! Arrive early if you’d like to enjoy the Cherry Creek Farmer’s Market and grab a coffee or a snack before we depart. The Farmer’s Market runs from 9am-1pm. We will depart at 10am, and hope to arrive back in time to enjoy the market before it shuts down at 1pm.
This event is FREE and open to anyone and everyone! We will learn about the local business and historic homes, and get to know each other as we walk. We can talk about what health and nutrition mean to you, how you stay active during busy weeks, or whatever strikes your fancy. Whether you’re a student, a Registered Dietitian, or someone interested in getting out and about on a Saturday morning, we welcome you on this walk.
Walking Movement Leader: Christine Caruso is a recent graduate from MSU Denver with a degree in Human Nutrition & Dietetics, heading to an internship at Tri-County Health Department this summer. Organizations like Walk2Connect and the Denver Dietetic Association allow her to connect with people in her community and inspire them to lead healthy, active lives.
We will be joined by Board Members of the Denver Dietetic Association, who will lead us in exercises at the park & discuss their experiences in the field of Nutrition & Dietetics.
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: We will meet in front of the Cherry Creek Whole Foods at 10:00 am. We’ll talk through Walk2Connect goals, answer any questions and lightly warm up. If you are going to use the restroom please plan to show up before 10:00 am. We leave NO LATER than 10:10 am. We will arrive back to Whole Foods by 1:00 pm (OR EARLIER to try to make it back for the Farmer’s Market).
There is a large parking lot for Whole Foods patrons, and the Cherry Creek Shopping Center lot is across the street. There is also a surface lot at 1st & University if you plan to shop at the Farmer’s Market. Parking is also available a few blocks away in the surrounding neighborhood (note time limits & limited availability).
Nearby bus lines include: 1, 3, 3L, 24, 46, 83D, 83L.
Please allow plenty of time to find parking or access public transit. Consider carpooling to save parking spaces and gas!
– Dogs: Please bring your well-behaved dogs on this walk! Short, non-retractable leashes only.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy. We can adapt the route so you are with our group on quieter neighborhood streets.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, hat/cap, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms: are only really available at Whole Foods before we go. Please plan to use restroom beforehand. We move casually throughout the streets and cannot guarantee restrooms on the route.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightning. Check Facebook or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
*****Welcome Waivers*****: PRIOR TO THE WALK, please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2018.
RSVP: You register for this walk by emailing or calling Christine at christine (at) walk2connect (dot) com, 303-877-8530.
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a [email protected] Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH