Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you. Or you might also appreciate our MAP VIEW of upcoming events to find the nearest walk to you.
Join us for the 2018 Connection Challenge!
- This event has passed.
Downtown Longmont Holiday Cheer Walking Tour
December 7 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
TYPE: W&T |PACE: Conversational, Exploratory | TERRAIN: sidewalks |DISTANCE: Approx. 2 mi
Bring your camera and experience a tour through downtown Longmont’s lights and displays, enjoy some treats and activities at our stops, and shop for Santa’s list. An event with photo opportunities for the entire family. We will finish at Roosevelt Park, just in time for the fireworks.
Your Trip Hosts: Ana Lucaci is a professional member-owner with Walk2Connect. In addition to walking, she shares a passion for theatre and loves to share walking opportunities in her hometown of Longmont. This event is sponsored by Longmont Downtown Development Authority.
RSVP & Cost: There is no fee for this walking experience! Please be sure to RSVP below.
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: We will meet at 5:30 p.m. by the Christmas Tree (6th and Main St).
There is plenty of parking across Boulder County building. Bus routes 323, 324, 326, 327, LD, LX, J, BOLT are your closest routes. We will leave no later than 5:40 after introductions. We start at Downtown Longmont’s Christmas Tree and will end at Roosevelt Park at the parade of lights, just in time for fireworks.
– Dogs are not allowed on this walk.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks may be cracked or bumpy. We will be crossing major streets, please be mindful.
– Wear/Bring: Ty to wear comfortable socks & walking shoes, and layers/protection for the seasons weather.
– Please plan to use restroom beforehand so we don’t wait for you at the start. Restrooms available at our stop places.
– We move casually approximately 2-3mph.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions. Ana – [email protected] or 303-960-4495
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in this calendar year.
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here.
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here.
3. Follow us on Facebook here.
4. Become a [email protected] Champion here.
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here.
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH