Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
- This event has passed.
Glow in The Dark Dance Walk and Happy Hour at The Cidery
November 3, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
TYPE: Event|PACE: Conversational, Exploratory | TERRAIN: sidewalks |DISTANCE: Approx. 2 mi
It’s time to light up Longmont with glow-in-the-dark gear and groovy tunes while we dance our way through Historic Westside Neighborhood ! Whether you like to dance & sing along, or just sip on the last night of Daylight Savings, our Glow Walks are a unique & fun way to spend an evening.
Your Trip Hosts: Ana Lucaci is a professional member-owner with Walk2Connect. In addition to walking, she shares a passion for dancing and loves to share walking opportunities in her hometown of Longmont.
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: We will meet at 5:30 p.m. in front of St Vrain Cidery.
There is plenty of street parking. We will leave no later than 5:40, after introductions and getting our glow gear on. Bus routes 323, 324, LD, J, BOLT are your closest routes. We will walk through the Historic Westside Neighborhood, passing by Thompson Park and Roosevelt Park. Happy Hour awaits for those interested upon return at St. Vrain Cidery ($1 off each pour / $4 off flights). The Cidery will also giveaway a personalized glass: a 16oz Belgium glass or a 6oz highball to a lucky winner.
– Dogs are not allowed on this walk.
– You need to be at least 21 to attend the Happy Hour
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy. We will be crossing major streets and narrow sidewalks in old town.
– Wear/Bring: Things that GLOW! Lights, light-up shoes, light-up anything. Also, try to wear comfortable socks & walking shoes, and layers/protection for the seasons weather. We will provide glow sticks, but more, the merrier.
– Please plan to use restroom beforehand so we don’t wait for you at the start. Restrooms available at our stop places.
– We move casually approximately 2-3mph.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions. Ana – [email protected] or 303-960-4495
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2018.
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here.
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here.
3. Follow us on Facebook here.
4. Become a [email protected] Champion here.
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here.
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH