Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
- This event has passed.
Good Morning Stapleton! (STSP)
July 18 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am
An event every week that begins at 8:00 am on Thursday, repeating until September 7, 2019
TYPE: STSP Weekly | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Mostly sidewalk, some grass/dirt trail, some road | DISTANCE: Approx. 3 mi |
Walk Description: Returning for its fifth year, but now on Thursdays, it’s the Stapleton Sunrise walk. We will meet at the same location every week, and we’ll journey around the Northfield neighborhoods, exploring the various parks, trails, and secret spots of Stapleton’s newest neighborhoods. Come get to know your neighbors or the neighborhood.
*In the summer time, the meeting place varies. Contact Lee DuBois directly if you’d like to come. She’ll share the details with you. [email protected] ***
Walking Movement Leader: Chris Englert, founding member-owner of Walk2Connect co-op is known as Denver’s Urban Hiker. She leads walks within Denver’s C470 loop and is author of The Best Urban Hikes: Denver. Walking around Denver gets enthusiasts ready for her global walking vacations, which you can find details at www.denveryfoot.com. Come chat, walk, and connect with Chris as she gifts this walk to you weekly in Stapleton.
Schedule, Planning: We will meet at 8:00 am at the SW corner of Uinta and 51st Ave diagonal from the playground. The nearest street address is 8204 E 51st Ave, Denver. This is a private residence. Please park along the street and meet in the park. Do not disturb the residents. There are currently no facilities here, although restrooms are being installed to open in late 2017. We leave NO LATER than 8:05 am. We should be done walking no later than 9:10 am. You can of course leave early if you need.
– Dogs are allowed on this one. Please be sure they are well-behaved and on a short leash. No retractable leashes please.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy. We can adapt the route so you are with our group on quieter neighborhood streets.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms are not available. See above.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2017.
RSVP: You register for this walk by RSVP’ing here or by emailing or calling Chris at 303 507 7280 or chris (at) walk2connect.com.
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a [email protected] Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH
Follow Chris at @urbahikingDEN for all things Denver, or @eatwalklearn for global walking adventures.