Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
- This event has passed.
Green Valley Ranch Sunday Morning Amble
September 8 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Sunday, repeating until August 19, 2020
TYPE: Same Time, Same Place Weekly | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Mostly sidewalk, some grass/dirt trail, some road | DISTANCE: Approx. 3 mi |
Walk Description: This same time, same place walk in Green Valley Ranch is now on Sunday mornings! We will meet at the same location every week, and we’ll journey around the Green Valley Ranch neighborhoods along the High Line Canal and other trails, exploring the various parks, trails, and secret spots of GVR neighborhoods. Come get to know your neighbors and the neighborhood.
Walking Movement Leader: Lydia Flynn is a new walking movement leader who loves Green Valley Ranch. After living there for years, she’s back in her favorite neighborhood to see her old friends and make new ones. Contact her at 720-935-0306.
Schedule & Planning: We will meet at 9:55 am in the Green Valley Ranch East Parking lot. We leave NO LATER than 10:05 am. We should be done walking no later than 11:00 am. You can of course leave early if you need.
– Dogs are allowed on this one. Please be sure they are well-behaved and on a short leash. No retractable leashes please.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy. We can adapt the route so you are with our group on quieter neighborhood streets.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms are not available. See above.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience this year.
RSVP: You register for this walk by emailing or calling Lydia at 720 935 0306 or [email protected]
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a [email protected] Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH