Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
Happy Hour Walking Series – 1. Little Machine
June 7 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm$22.50 – $25
TYPE: Program | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Mostly sidewalks and streets | DISTANCE: Approx. 4 mi |
Walk Description: Let’s take happy Hour to the streets! What better way to wind down after the work week than a walk and a beer? We partnered with Little Machine in the Jefferson Park neighborhood to create a unique, informative and fun loop through multiple Denver neighborhoods that starts and ends at Little Machine. As we walk, we will dive into the history of the various neighborhoods and look at the changes over the years. After the walk, your first beer (or soft drink) at Little Machine is included with your ticket. We can relax and celebrate our time together. There will also be a food truck available if you are hungry.
- A perimeter tour of Mile High Stadium
- History and updates on 4 Denver neighborhoods
- Dry Gulch Trail (Parallels the W line on the light rail)
- One beer or soft drink while we celebrate our time together after the walk
- Small gift from Walk2Connect
- Your ticket helps support the Walk2Connect Cooperative, which hosts 40-60 free community walks every week.
- A portion of your ticket also goes directly to supporting our leaders who scout the route, connect with partners along the route, research important historical facts and try their very best to provide you with a memorable walking experience.
Walking Movement Leader: Dustin Ratcliff is a founding core owner of the Walk2Connect Cooperative. He deeply believes that walking together with an open mind has the power to unite us as people. He invites you to walk with him and share a beer as we celebrate our similarities and our differences with each other.
Schedule and Planning: We will meet at Little Machine Brewery (2924 WEST 20th AVENUE, DENVER, CO 80211) at 5:30 pm. Please arrive early if you want food, drink or need the restroom before we start. We will leave no later than 5:40 pm so please call or text Dustin if you are running late or lost.
Welcome Waiver – First time Walk2Connect Walker or first time this year, please sign the http://walk2connect.com/welcomewaiver/
[email protected] Champions receive 10% off.
- Water, hat, sunscreen, camera, snacks.
- Friendly dogs are welcome – Must be well behaved and no retractable leashes please!
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing, and you may also want to include appropriate outerwear, hats, and gloves to accommodate for the weather.
- Accessibility: If you have a stroller or are in a wheelchair, please be mindful of the distance (3-4 miles). We will be on sidewalks (some broken and uneven) and streets for the majority of the walk.
- Restrooms will be available one place throughout our walk. Please use the restroom before we start.
Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Walks will be cancelled by 6 am that morning so check in with me if you are questioning it.
- Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
- Keep checking our main event calendar here
- Follow us on Facebook here
- Become a [email protected] Champion here
- Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH
– Credit/Debit Card: You can use the ticket feature below by selecting the number of tickets you would like and then move through your cart.
– Check: You can email or call one of the organizers below to hold your spot and then mail a check: Walk2Connect Cooperative, 2590 Walnut St. #77 Denver, CO 80205 (Make check out to Walk2Connect Cooperative).
Can’t make this one? Join one of our other Happy Hour Walks in the series-
- Little Machine Brewery – Jefferson Park – May 24th
- Seedstock Brewery – West Colfax – June 7th
- Factotum Brewhouse – Highlands/Sunnyside – June 28th
- Grandma’s House – Platt Park – July 12th
- Cerebral Brewing – City Park – July 26th
- Westfax Brewery – Northeast Lakewood – August 9th
- New Terrain Brewing – Golden – August 23rd
- Stem Ciders – RiNo- September 27th
Dustin Ratcliff – (480)329-3344 – [email protected]