Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you. Or you might also appreciate our MAP VIEW of upcoming events to find the nearest walk to you.
Join us for the 2018 Connection Challenge!
Intercultural Walk! Staunton State Park
December 15 @ 10:15 am - 1:00 pmFree
December 15 @ 10:15 AM – 1:00 PM
TYPE: Intercultural Walk | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Trails | DISTANCE: Approx. 3 miles| COST: Free
Walk Description: Join us for a leisurely paced intercultural hike at Staunton State Park, one of Colorado’s newest State Parks. Meet new friends from all over the world from Denver’s thriving international refugee and immigrant community. We will meet at the David Ponds Trailhead near the large picnic shelter just past the main gate at Staunton State Park. Staunton State Park is know for its soaring granite cliffs, open meadows, and vast network of trails. There is an entrance fee of $7 per vehicle or you can purchase an Annual State Parks Pass for the year.
Walking Movement Leaders: Join Member-Owners Dustin Ratcliff and Maria Rosa Galter on this informative and fun-filled, family friendly excursion.
Walk Hosts: Brandy Kramer from Spring Institute and Nancy Asdigian from UC Denver.
Schedule and Planning: Meet at 10:00 AM at the Davis Ponds Trailhead, 12102 S. Elk Creek Road,Pine, CO, 80470
Directions: Take HWY 285 South past Conifer to South Elk Creek Road. Follow Elk Creek Road to the entrance to Staunton State Park on your right. There is plenty of parking at the Davis Ponds Trailhead (near the large picnic shelter just past the main entrance) parking lot as well as access to restrooms.
– Dogs are not allowed on this one.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, appropriate outerwear for weather conditions, and sunglasses/sunscreen, snacks.
– Restrooms will be available at the trailhead before the hike.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Text Maria at 720-810-2837 for the most up-to-date conditions.
Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2018.
- Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
- Keep checking our main event calendar here
- Follow us on Facebook here
- Become a [email protected] Champion here
- Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect @EPICLifeWalks | #Lifeat3MPH