Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
- This event has passed.
Intergenerational Philosophy Walk
June 29 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 amFree
TYPE: Walk & Talk | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Dirt and Paved Trail | DISTANCE: Approx. 3.2 mi
Walk Description: Walk2Connect and Grey Havens Philosophy bring you a nature experience that will exercise your body and mind! Meet us in the east parking lot at McIntosh Lake. We’ll provide you with some exercises to help you reflect on nature as we walk together to Flanders Park (approximately 1 hour, 10 minutes with rest stops). Once we reach the park, you’ll find water, tasty snacks, and an opportunity for some fascinating discussion! Open for ages 11-adult.
Walking Movement Leader: Ana M. Lucaci is the first Walking Movement Leader in Longmont to join Walk2Connect. She has used walking as a means of transportation for many years, particularly while growing up and working in Eastern Europe. Ana is a Core-Owner of Walk2Connect Co-op.
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: We will meet at 9:00 AM at the trailhead off of the East Side parking lot (between the tennis courts and power plant, estimated address below). We will leave no later than 9:10, after introductions and signing waivers (please sign online ahead of time). We will have a few brief stops along the way for prompts and will finish at Flanders Park for a group discussion. Plenty of street parking available if the parking lot is full.
– Dogs are allowed on this one. Please be sure they are well-behaved and on a short leash. No retractable leashes please.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the distance and that half of the route is on dirt trail.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms are only really available at a few spots along the route, including at the end. Please plan to use restroom beforehand.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check with Walk Leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2019.
RSVP: See registration ticket (FREE) to attend below or through our Boulder Ramblers Meetup page. Signing up helps us prepare. For weather information contact Walk Leader, Ana Lucaci (See information below).
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a [email protected] Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH