Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
- This event has passed.
Labyrinth Walk: Release, Receive, and Return
January 5 @ 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm$15
Labyrinth Meditation Walk in Evergreen
Saturday, January 5 @ 1:30 PM – 4:00 PM
TYPE: Contemplative Walk | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Dirt and paved paths and sidewalks| DISTANCE: 3 miles round trip| COST: $15
Walk Description: Join Member-Owner Maria Rosa Galter of Walking Inspiritus and Jennifer Reeve of Remember Your Wings for a Labyrinth Meditation Walk in Evergreen. Starting at Evergreen Lake House by Evergreen Lake, our walk will take us along Bear Creek through downtown Evergreen and end at the 11-circuit Chartres labyrinth located at the Church of Transfiguration. Once there, we will walk the labyrinth, a walking meditation that tangibly mirrors the spiritual path that leads from the outer edge of ourselves in a circuitous way to our center. During this guided labyrinth meditation, we will prepare ourselves to fully engage in the new year, opening up to release, receive and return to ourselves.
Schedule and Planning: We will meet in front of the Evergreen Lake House, 29612 Upper Bear Creek Rd, Evergreen, at 1:15 for introductions and to sign waiver if necessary.
Directions: The Evergreen Lake House is located at 29612 Upper Bear Creek Rd, Evergreen, just off of Evergreen Parkway. From I-70 E, take Exit 254, Evergreen Parkway. Travel south along Hwy 73, or Evergreen Parkway, to Evergreen Lake. Go right, or west, on Upper Bear Creek Road just past the lake and turn left over the bridge to the parking lot. We will meet in front of the Lake House. If you go past the golf course you have gone too far.
– Dogs are not allowed on this one.
– Accessibility: Our trails will lead us over dirt, gravel, and paved paths and sidewalks. The labyrinth is a dirt path located in the middle of a grassy field.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, appropriate outerwear for weather conditions, and sunglasses/sunscreen, as needed.
– Restrooms are available at Evergreen Lake, coffee shops or gas stations along the way. Please plan to use restroom beforehand.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Tex me at 720-810-2837 for the most up-to-date conditions.
Cost, Tickets, & Tips
-Guided Labyrinth Meditation
-Light snacks provided
Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2019.
– Credit/Debit Card: You can use the ticket feature below by selecting the number of tickets you would like and then move through your cart.
– Check: You can email or call the Walk Leader to hold your spot and then mail a check: Walk2Connect Cooperative, 2590 Walnut Street, Suite 77, Denver, CO 80205 (Make check out to Walk2Connect Cooperative)
- Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
- Keep checking our main event calendar here
- Follow us on Facebook here
- Become a [email protected] Champion here
- Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH