Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
Long Nights Moon: December Full Moon Hike & Guided Meditation
December 14 @ 3:30 pm - 5:30 pm$20
Full Moon Walk and Guided Meditation–Long Nights Moon
Saturday, December 14 @ 3:30 PM – 5:30 PM
TYPE: Program | PACE: Exploratory & Conversational | TERRAIN: Dirt trails | DISTANCE: Approx. 3 miles | COST: $20
Join us for an Walking Inspiritus Full Moon Hike and Guided Meditation! Come celebrate the Long Nights Moon during this guided walk and meditation. The last moon phase of the year is the Long Nights Moon in December, also called the Cold Moon or Big Winter Moon. This is often a time of introspection and self discovery, as you evaluate the trials and tribulations of the past year, giving you a chance to re-evaluate where you want to go and who you want to be in the coming twelve months. This is a season of adaptation and change. This is also a time of sharing one’s blessings with those less fortunate. Like the full moon’s light that illuminates the darkness, the full moon reminds and invites us to view our hidden depths with compassion, equanimity, and clarity. Without judgment, we are invited to illuminate our own depths, welcome a hidden part of ourselves, or release what we no longer need in our life.
Walking Movement Leader: Maria Rosa Galter, a Walk2Connect Core-Owner, invites you to experience the benefits of a guided contemplative walking in Creation through this Walking Inspiritus Full Moon Hike. Maria, a graduate of Benedictine Spiritual Formation Program and graduate of the Bovine Metropolis Theater School of Improv, is an avid hiker who loves to correlate improv, life, and spirituality. She explores those spaces in her organization, Walking Inspiritus in order to re”member” ourselves and be present to ourselves, each other, and our world of transcendent beauty. We become aware of the Source of all Life that flows into our being.
Schedule and Planning: Meet at Mount Falcon West Trailhead in Indian Hills. 21074 Mt Falcon Rd, Indian Hills, CO 80454. We will meet at the West Trailhead at 3:30 PM for check in, sign waivers if necessary, and use the restroom.
– Dogs are not allowed on this one.
– Accessibility: This is a dirt trail/jeep trail on gently rolling terrain of approx 3-4 miles. It is not wheelchair accessible.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, appropriate outerwear for weather conditions, and sunglasses/sunscreen, headlamp, and sitting pad.
– Restrooms are available at the trailhead before we go. Please plan to use restroom beforehand.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Text or call me at 720-810-2837 for the most up-to-date conditions.
Cost, Tickets, & Tips
-Guided and Meditative Walking Experience will include guided meditations, moments of joyful inspiration, readings, conversation prompts, times of silence and creativity, and just plain fun!
-Hot drink provided after our hike
- To RESERVE your spot purchase your tickets, HERE.
Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2019.
- Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
- Keep checking our main event calendar here
- Follow us on Facebook here
- Become a [email protected] Champion here
- Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH