Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
- This event has passed.
LoveBeatsHate Community Walk
April 6 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pmFree
Walk Description: Stand up to hate and walk for love! Due to recent hateful and racist acts in the Denver area, we invite you to walk with us as we support the victims and represent all people victimized daily by ignorance, hate and racism. Walk with us shoulder to shoulder, united in LOVE, as we move together by foot and celebrate the fact that we are different, and that’s beautiful. WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO CREATE SIGNS ROOTED IN LOVE.
Walking Movement Leaders: This walk will be led by multiple Walk2Connect Core Owners, community leaders, police escorts and the recently victimized family in the Clayton neighborhood
Schedule and Planning: We will meet at the Hope Center (3400 N. Elizabeth St. Denver, CO 80205) at 10 am. There is a restroom available, so please use it before we start. We will leave no later than 10:10 am, so please try to be on time. Feel free to show up early and meet new people before the walk starts. We will be there around 9:30 am.
We will walk through the Clayton and surrounding neighborhoods for approximately 2 miles. We will have two planned stops where we will hear from members of the community. We will also walk by the defaced home in Clayton and hear from the family. We will then walk back to the Hope Center for lunch.
Food and Drink: After the walk we will gather back at the Hope Center for a picnic lunch. We will provide hot dogs, snacks and water
Cost/Tickets: Free – In addition to walking with us, there are other ways to help the family:
- Contribute to a gofundme page created for the family to help them with repairs to their home – https://www.gofundme.com/hate-into-love-home-repair-for-devin
- Donate construction materials to help them finish remodeling their house quickly. Please call (720)364-3461 if you are able to donate materials. They will tell you more specifically what they need and how to schedule a logistics.
- Labor – If you are handy or skilled in construction work, please call (503)839-5873. We will schedule a volunteer workday that will help them quickly finish remodeling their house.
This is a great opportunity for us to come together, support a family in our community and truly show that LoveBeatsHate
– Unfortunately no dogs on this one. We will be on busy sidewalks and crossing major streets for the majority of the walk.
– Accessibility: We will be on sidewalks (some broken and uneven) and streets for the majority of the walk.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing, light backpack for extra layers and water, sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms will be available at the Hope Center before and after the walk. Please use the restroom before we start.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2019
Contact if you have questions:
Dustin Ratcliff – (480)329-3344 – [email protected]