Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you. Or you might also appreciate our MAP VIEW of upcoming events to find the nearest walk to you.
Join us for the 2018 Connection Challenge!
- This event has passed.
Lowry Morning Walk with Regal Cafe!
July 12 @ 7:00 am - 8:00 am
An event every week that begins at 7:00am on Thursday, repeating until December 31, 2018
TYPE: STSP | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Mostly sidewalk, some grass/dirt trail, some road | DISTANCE: Approx. 3 mi
Hello everyone! My name is Wegaheta Habtu and I am a barista at Regal Bakery & Cafe, a small, family-owned business that loves the community we are a part of! I personally am passionate about connecting with people from all different walks of life because I appreciate the exchange and growth that comes with communication, especially if I can enjoy some fresh air and burn some calories while doing so! Luckily, Walk2Connect helps make this possible! As a way to engage with the community and actually familiarize ourselves with our amazing neighbours, Regal Cafe & Bakery is happy to host morning walks on Thursdays where we would start at the cafe on Syracuse and 11th, head over to Great Lawn Park, and then end back at the cafe! Whether you join to enjoy the sun, get a bit of exercise or meet potential new friends, I hope to see you there!
Location: North Lowry, Montclair, and East Colfax Neighborhoods, Denver
Day & Time: Weekly, Thursdays 7:00-8:00 am
Walking Movement Leader: Wegaheta Habtu is a barista at Regal Cafe & Bakery and is in school full-time studying writing. She is also a writing intern with the Walk2Connect Co-op!
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit:
We will meet at Regal Cafe & Bakery near 11th & Syracuse at 7:00 a.m. We will allow a few minutes for walkers to grab a quick drip coffee and to use the restroom before we go. We will leave NO later than 7:10 a.m. Bus 10, 73 and 15 are the nearest routes. Plenty of parking in lot and on street.
– Dogs: Well-behaved dogs are welcome on the walk. Short, non-retractable leashes only. They will unfortunately not be allowed in the cafe.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy. We can adapt the route so you are with our group on quieter neighborhood streets.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, hat or cap, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms are available at Regal Cafe & Baker. Please plan to use restroom beforehand. We move casually throughout the streets/park and cannot guarantee restrooms on the route.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightning. Check Facebook or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2018.
RSVP: You can register for this walk by emailing or calling Wegaheta (see contact info below). You can also plan to just show up. Just be sure to get there early so we don’t leave without you.
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a [email protected] Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH