Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you. Or you might also appreciate our MAP VIEW of upcoming events to find the nearest walk to you.
Join us for the 2018 Connection Challenge!
- This event has passed.
A Mile In My Shoes: A Multipotentialite (or A Person With Infinite Potential)
December 1, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 10:30 am
TYPE: Community | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Paved Path| DISTANCE: Approx. 3 mi |
Walk Description: Adapted from the Human Library concept, we are hosting the second in a walking series called A Mile in My Shoes. This walk is designed to bring positive conversation to taboo topics that directly affect many people every day, from homelessness to business ownership. Our second walk highlights Jody, originally from Tucson with the past seven years in Denver. She’s what some call a multipotentialite, or a person with many interests and skills. From fantasy fiction writer to freelancer & lover of all words, she is a seer of patterns and a connection maker, as well as a University of Denver teacher. She is also a volunteer with refugees and immigrants, a regenerative systems thinker, a green belt in Shotokan karate, about to be married after 31 years with her partner, and connected to the Celtic faith. Come and walk with her many interests and hear how she has learned to listen first, then find a way to contribute to the greater good. Our almost 3 mile walk will include friendly conversation that supports a greater understanding of each other, our backgrounds, and what makes us human. In the future we’ll be highlighting a stand-up comic, a single mom, graffiti artist, a business owner, and a recent refugee.
Every single person has a story, let’s walk a few steps, and listen to them.
Walking Movement Leader: Nicole Huguenin became a founding Member-Owner of Walk2Connect after walking with a new person each day of 2015. She is also the founder of Dream Together, a community of people supporting and investing in every day people’s wildest dreams.
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: We will meet at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, on the City Park side at 9am. After a round of introductions we will begin walking no later than 9:05am. Consider taking alternate transportation to this walk by using My Way To Go to plan your trip.
– Dogs: Although we love them, the conversational pace does not make this a dog suitable walk.
– Accessibility: Wheelchairs and strollers will find this route easy to manage as the path is well paved.
– Wear/Bring: Comfortable walking shoes, layers, and water. Don’t forget to check the weather and layer appropriately.
– Restrooms: There are restrooms at the Musuem and half way along this route.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel when extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2017.
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a [email protected] Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH