Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you. Or you might also appreciate our MAP VIEW of upcoming events to find the nearest walk to you.
Join us for the 2018 Connection Challenge!
- This event has passed.
Monthly High Line Canal & Del Mar Park (Aurora Ambles)
January 4 @ 4:10 pm - 6:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 4:10pm on day First of the month, repeating indefinitely
TYPE:Monthly | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN:Mostly sidewalk, some grass/dirt trail| DISTANCE:Approx. 3 mi
Come meet your neighbors while enjoying the sights and sounds of the High Line Canal, right outside your back door! Learn a bit of the history surrounding the Canal and Del Mar Park. A wonderful way to unwind from the busy week and reconnect with your family.
Walking Movement Leader: Debi Hunter is a long time walker, most especially of the High Line Canal.
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: We will meet at 4:10 just outside or in front of Aurora Center for Active Adults. We leave NO LATER than 4:15 pm. We should be done walking no later than 6:00 pm. You can of course leave early if you need to.
– Dogs are allowed on this one. Please be sure they are well-behaved and on a short leash. No retractable leashes please.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy. We can adapt the route so you are with our group on quieter neighborhood streets.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms are only really available at the center before we go. Please plan to use restroom beforehand.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2018.
RSVP: The best way to to RSVP for this walk is to call Debi at 720-229-9165