Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
- This event has passed.
Monthly High Line Canal & Del Mar Park (Aurora Ambles)
September 6 @ 4:10 pm - 6:00 pm
An event every month that begins at 4:10 pm on day First of the month, repeating indefinitely
TYPE:Monthly | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN:Mostly sidewalk, some grass/dirt trail| DISTANCE:Approx. 3 mi
Come meet your neighbors while enjoying the sights and sounds of the High Line Canal, right outside your back door! Learn a bit of the history surrounding the Canal and Del Mar Park. A wonderful way to unwind from the busy week and reconnect with your family.
Walking Movement Leader: Debi Hunter is a long time walker, most especially of the High Line Canal.
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: We will meet at 4:10 just outside or in front of Aurora Center for Active Adults. We leave NO LATER than 4:15 pm. We should be done walking no later than 6:00 pm. You can of course leave early if you need to.
– Dogs are allowed on this one. Please be sure they are well-behaved and on a short leash. No retractable leashes please.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy. We can adapt the route so you are with our group on quieter neighborhood streets.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms are only really available at the center before we go. Please plan to use restroom beforehand.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2018.
RSVP: The best way to to RSVP for this walk is to call Debi at 720-229-9165