Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
- This event has passed.
Osier Forest Walk with Archery 101!
July 12 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
TYPE: W&T | PACE: Exploratory, Conversational | TERRAIN: Gravel Roads, Dirt Trail | DISTANCE: 2-3 miles out and back
Join our Caminos del Valle Youth Walking Leaders for a relaxing and beautiful walking experience moving through and around public lands on the Eastern side of Osier Mountain just west of Magote and Antonito. Youth Walking Leaders will guide participants into conversations on land conservation, public land resources, hunting practices in the San Luis Valley, local plants and more.
Your main youth leader, Neenah will also guide everyone in an Archery 🏹 101 lesson!
Meet new people, move your body and leave inspired by our young leaders.
Walking Movement Leaders: Neenah Ruybalid, Main Walking Movement Leader. Lindsey Sandoval, Christian Juarez, Supporting Walking Movement Leaders. Dustin Ratcliff, Walk2Connect Co-op Core Owner as Team Support.
Schedule, Meeting Location: We will meet at 5:30 pm at the Conejos County Museum in Antonito OR you can meet us just before 6:00 p.m. in the dirt parking area next to the stables. Please be sure to RSVP by calling (719) 679-3119 so we can get your information and give you specific, turn by turn directions.
– Dogs are not allowed on these walks.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, this walk might be too difficult on the gravel and dirt trail paths.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms may or may not be available at the nearby gas station. Please use the restroom before you arrive.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightning. Check this page or contact the leader if you are unsure.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect/Caminos del Valle walking experience in 2018.
RSVP: Please get an RSVP ticket by visiting the main event page OR get in touch with us by emailing [email protected] or calling (719) 679-3119.
Get Connected! Follow Caminos del Valle on Facebook and on Meetup to stay connected!
Our Partners: Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area, San Luis Valley Great Outdoors, Conejos Clean Water & Move Mountains Project San Luis, Conejos Rotary Club