Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
- This event has passed.
Saigon Night Market Walk
June 21 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Saigon Night Market Walk
Friday, June 21 @ 5 PM – 8 PM
TYPE: Walk & Eat | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Sidewalk, trail, some road | DISTANCE: Approx. 2.4 mi each way
Walk Description: Join us for a night of cultural delight with Walk2Connect’s newest Denver community, Southwest Denver Walks! Starting at Harvey Park Rec Center, we will walk along Sanderson Gulch over to Federal Blvd and up to the Saigon Night Market to experience a short-term pop-up demonstration project by WalkDenver. This section of Federal Blvd is known to be one of the most dangerous in the city, in order to draw attention to this problem and find affordable solutions, WalkDenver is testing out designs that could be installed more permanently in the future, including wider sidewalks, pedestrian lighting, and landscaping. You’re invited to this fun community event at the Asia Center on South Federal between Tennessee Ave and Mississippi Ave to enjoy food from local restaurants, live music, family activities, and more! After enjoying this free event, we will walk back to Harvey Park Rec Center.
Walk Hosts: Walk2Connect’s Core-Owner, Darcy Kitching, has a passion for walkable community design. Darcy is sure to open your eyes to the needs of pedestrians while experiencing Sanderson Gulch and Federal Blvd on foot. This is the inaugural walk of the Southwest Denver Walks community, supported by Denver Community Active Living Coalition (Denver CALC), a program of Denver Department of Public Health & Environment. Co-leading this new community and walk are our newest WMLs, Phuong Tran, Community Connector Coordinator for Denver CALC, and members of the Harvey Park sustainability group, The Susty Group!
Meeting Location, Transit, and Parking: We will meet outside the Harvey Park Rec Center, 2120 S Tennyson Way, Denver, CO 80219 at 5pm. There is parking on the road near the Rec Center. For public transport, take Bus 21 to the Evans and Tennyson stop and walk southbound on S. Tennyson Way to the Rec Center.
- Breaks, Restrooms: There are bathrooms at the Rec Center and at the Little Saigon Asian Market.
- What to bring: Bring water and cash for food at the market. Food tickets will be provided.
- Weather: Due to varying weather conditions, please come prepared with enough layers and/or waterproof gear to keep yourself comfortable during the walk.
- Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightning.
Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience this calendar year.
- Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
- Keep checking our main event calendar here
- Follow us on Facebook here
- Become a [email protected] Champion here
- Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH