Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
- This event has passed.
Star K Ranch Bi-Weekly Walk (Aurora)
February 10 @ 7:30 am - 9:30 am
An event every month that begins at 7:30am on day Second of the month, repeating indefinitely
An event every month that begins at 7:30am on day Fourth of the month, repeating indefinitely
TYPE: STSP bi-Weekly |PACE:
Walk Description: I am so excited to share this walk with you! We start at Star K Ranch and head east for a beautiful loop on the High Line Canal and Sand Creek Greenway.
Walking Movement Leader: Hi, I am Robbin Mitchell. I really started walking about 3 years ago after being injured and laid up for 4years. I have found my joy for nature and nurture walking with other people.
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: We meet at the Morison Nature Center at Star K Ranch. We will leave no later than 7: 40 and return no later than 9:30.
– Dogs are allowed on this one. Please be sure they are well-behaved and on a short leash. No retractable leashes please.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy. We can adapt the route so you are with our group on quieter neighborhood streets.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms are only really available at the beginning before we go. Please plan to use restroom beforehand.
-We will take a break about half way with a porto pottie.
-We move casually approximately 2-3mph.
-Please bring plenty water and a snack.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightning. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online“Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2016.
This walk is in partnership with the High Line Canal Conservancy. Please check out their website and find ways to get involved.
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emailshere
2. Keep checking our main event calendarhere
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a [email protected] Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH