Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
Monthly Walk to Street Fraternity
May 28 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
TYPE: Monthly | PACE: Exploratory, Conversational | TERRAIN: Sidewalks, road, broken sidewalk | DISTANCE: approx 3 miles
Walk Description: Join us on the fourth Tuesday of every month to walk the streets of North Lowry and East Colfax. We will start at local non-profit, Street Fraternity, a one of a kind organization creating a place of brotherhood and personal growth for urban young men in the East Colfax area. Check out this video here to learn more. We will start each walk at Street Frat and walk to Verbena Park. We will be back at Street Fraternity in time for a brief walk through and welcome from staff and volunteers.
Please join us to learn more about this important organization, to connect with good people, and to get some fresh air.
Walking Movement Leaders: Dustin Ratcliff, W2C Coop Core-Owner and Street Fraternity Volunteer | Maria Rosa Galter, W2C Coop Core-Owner and Street Fraternity Volunteer | Djiby Sarr, Walking Movement Leader and Street Fraternity Participant
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: We will meet just before 5:30 pm at Street Fraternity at 8720 E Colfax Ave. You can park in the parking lot behind the Disabled American Veterans building between Xenia and Xanthia. You can take the 15 bus to Colfax and Willow. We will leave from Street Fraternity NO later than 5:35 pm. We should finish NO later than 7:00 pm. We will do a quick walk through of Street Fraternity after the walk.
– Dogs are not allowed on this one.
– Accessibility: If you’re using a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms are available at Street Fraternity. Please plan to use the restroom beforehand.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup, this page, or contact the leader if you are unsure.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience this year.
RSVP: You can register for this walk by going through our Mile High Ramblers Meetup and by contacting Maria or Dustin (contact info below).