Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
- This event has passed.
Sunset Stroll (Kodiak Walks)
September 3, 2018 @ 6:45 pm - 8:00 pmFree
TYPE:Walk & Talk | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Bike Path | DISTANCE: approx. 2 miles
Walk Description: Join us for Week of Walking kick-off walk. This relaxed walk will be a nice way to end the Labor day weekend. Everybody is welcome. So please, grab your work buddy, neighbor or family & join in the fun walk together!
Walking Movement Leaders: Your leader will be Nicole Huguenin. She is a founding member-owner of Walk2Connect Co-op. In 2015, Nicole walked with a new person or group of people every day of the year and after 1000’s of miles has experienced first hand the many benefits a simple walk with friends can make on our lives and in our communities.
Schedule, Meeting Location: We will meet at the Mill Bay Beach parking lot off Rezanof Drive at 6:45pm. We’ll be finished our Sunset Stroll no later than 8:00pm.
– Dogs are allowed on this walk, please make sure they are on a short leash and well-behaved.
– Accessibility: Stroller or wheelchairs are welcome!
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), a water bottle, and prepare for fall weather.
– Restrooms may or may not be available. Please use the restroom before you arrive.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightning. Check this page or contact the leader if you are unsure.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect/KodiakWalks walking experience in 2018.
Find More Walks in Kodiak: Visit our Kodiak Walks site for a list of other walks and how to start your own walk.
Get Connected! Follow Kodiak Walks on Facebook to stay connected!