Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
- This event has passed.
TeaLee’s: March and Tea @TeaLee’s Teahouse (1 Mile)
January 27 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
TYPE: PRGM | PACE: Conversational & Exploratory | TERRAIN: sidewalk/ commercial road | DISTANCE: 1 mile
Come join TeaLee’s Tea House for a march and tea pairing~ to the rhythm of tea. In reverence to Martin Luther King Day, TeaLee’s Teahouse will host a guided moving dialogue through the beautiful historic 5 Points district in honor of Martin Luther King Day. We will march roughly 1 mile together walking through our personal identities. This will be a fun and grounding early winter walking experience.
Let’s become family by starting from the basics. Come share stories, deepen understanding of the historic 5 points district, bond over a warm pastry, a spot of tea, and a warm welcoming environment.
Get your tickets on Eventbrite here – $25/per person and only 25 spots available
In appreciation of your attendance give-aways will be provided
Our time together will include:
– An introduction to TeaLee’s Teahouse
– A basic historical tour of the 5 points area with a dialog around individual identities
– A closing dialog with a tea pairing
Schedule, Planning, Parking and Nearby Transit:
We will meet at TeaLee’s Teahouse at 12:30 pm OR earlier if you would like to get a drink and use the restroom. We will plan to leave NO later than 1:00 pm for the walking portion. If you have any dietary needs please inform staff during RSVP and payment. The nearest transit hub is the Welton Station. Consider carpools due to a shortage of parking on the surrounding streets (Welton, California, and 22nd).
Terrain & Weather Notes:
This will be a relaxed walking experience. We will walk on the sidewalk along Welton and California crossing Park Avenue West. Be prepared to walk in almost ALL weather conditions. If there is a blizzard impacting visibility and safety, we will cancel and reschedule. This is a non-refundable event.
- Dogs are not allowed on this one. Thanks for your understanding.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes with socks, dress in layers and/or waterproof gear
- Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions. Feel free to email or call leader using the contact information below to double-check.
- Be sure to bring water
- We will end our walk with tea and pastries (included in event fee)
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a [email protected] Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH