Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you. Or you might also appreciate our MAP VIEW of upcoming events to find the nearest walk to you.
Join us for the 2018 Connection Challenge!
TeaLee’s: March and Tea @TeaLee’s Teahouse (1 Mile)
January 27 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
TYPE: PRGM | PACE: Conversational & Exploratory | TERRAIN: sidewalk/ commercial road | DISTANCE: 1 mile
Come join TeaLee’s Tea House for a march and tea pairing~ to the rhythm of tea. In reverence to Martin Luther King Day, TeaLee’s Teahouse will host a guided moving dialogue through the beautiful historic 5 Points district in honor of Martin Luther King Day. We will march roughly 1 mile together walking through our personal identities. This will be a fun and grounding early winter walking experience.
Let’s become family by starting from the basics. Come share stories, deepen understanding of the historic 5 points district, bond over a warm pastry, a spot of tea, and a warm welcoming environment.
Get your tickets on Eventbrite here – $25/per person and only 25 spots available
In appreciation of your attendance give-aways will be provided
Our time together will include:
– An introduction to TeaLee’s Teahouse
– A basic historical tour of the 5 points area with a dialog around individual identities
– A closing dialog with a tea pairing
Schedule, Planning, Parking and Nearby Transit:
We will meet at TeaLee’s Teahouse at 12:30 pm OR earlier if you would like to get a drink and use the restroom. We will plan to leave NO later than 1:00 pm for the walking portion. If you have any dietary needs please inform staff during RSVP and payment. The nearest transit hub is the Welton Station. Consider carpools due to a shortage of parking on the surrounding streets (Welton, California, and 22nd).
Terrain & Weather Notes:
This will be a relaxed walking experience. We will walk on the sidewalk along Welton and California crossing Park Avenue West. Be prepared to walk in almost ALL weather conditions. If there is a blizzard impacting visibility and safety, we will cancel and reschedule. This is a non-refundable event.
- Dogs are not allowed on this one. Thanks for your understanding.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes with socks, dress in layers and/or waterproof gear
- Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions. Feel free to email or call leader using the contact information below to double-check.
- Be sure to bring water
- We will end our walk with tea and pastries (included in event fee)
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a [email protected] Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH