Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
- This event has passed.
TED Walks: The Power of Vulnerability
October 28, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$20
TYPE: Program | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Mostly sidewalks and streets | DISTANCE: Approx. 4 mi | COST: $20
Walk Description: Nerd Alert. This walk will be the perfect combination of walking and growing together. My hope is to build meaningful connections throughout our communities by challenging our current thoughts through new ideas & deeper discussions. We will start at The Burns Pub, make our way through Interlocken Trails and back to the pub. We will relax & reflect with Mimosas (or beer or an Irish coffee!)
TED Walks: Brene Brown, The Power of Vulnerability. In preparation for her CU Boulder visit in November, let’s brush up on the Guideposts for wholehearted living. If you don’t have time to watch the talk, no stress. We will loosely discuss the concepts so all can engage.
Walking Movement Leaders: Your leader will be Sarah Schwallier. She is a Member/Owner of Walk2Connect. Sarah is a personal trainer, certified in sports nutrition, nature walking life coach & TED Talk addict. Her hope is to help grow the ‘[email protected] Movement’ and help others experience some of the whole-health benefits, energy and pure joy that she receives from walking.
Schedule and Planning: We will meet at The Burns Pub. Please arrive early if you need the restroom before we start. We will leave no later than 9 am so please call or text Sarah if you are running late or lost. We will do the best we can before 9:10 am to help you connect with us.
Food and Drink: Your first drink is covered! Burns has an awesome British Scotch Pub with an incredible brunch menu (the Reuben is a must try).
Cost/Tickets: The cost for this walking experience is $20.
- 4 mile Walk around the Pub & through the Interlocken area.
- First beverage covered at Burns.
- Your contribution helps support the Walk2Connect Cooperative, which hosts 40-50 free community walks every week.
- Expenses also go towards supporting our leaders who scout the route multiple times, connect with partners along the route, research important points of interest and try their very best to provide you with a memorable walking experience.
– Unfortunately no dogs on this one. We will be on busy sidewalks and crossing major streets for the majority of the walk.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, please be mindful of the distance (4+ miles). We will be on sidewalks (some broken and uneven) and streets for the majority of the walk.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing, light backpack for extra layers and water, sunglasses/sunscreen. Although it will be summer, the sun will be going down, so it may get cool. Remember, we will mostly be on hard surfaces, so wear comfortable shoes.
– Please use the restroom before we start.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2016.
– Credit/Debit Card: You can use the ticket feature below by selecting the number of tickets you would like and then move through your cart.
– Check: You can email or call the organizer below to hold your spot and then mail a check: Walk2Connect Cooperative, 2590 Walnut St. #77 Denver, CO 80205 (Make check out to Walk2Connect Cooperative)
Sarah Schwallier – (616) 490-3118 – [email protected]