Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
- This event has passed.
The Blessing Moon-Full Moon Hike and Guided Meditation
July 13 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$20
Full Moon Walk and Guided Meditation–The Blessing Moon
Saturday, July 13 @ 7:00 PM-9:00 PM
TYPE: Program | PACE: Exploratory | TERRAIN: Dirt trails | DISTANCE: Approx. 3 miles | COST: $20
Join us for an Walking Inspiritus Full Moon Hike and Guided Meditation! Come celebrate the Blessing Moon during this guided walk and meditation in partnership with Remember Your Wings and Contemplative Outreach of Colorado. July’s moon invites us to see the blessings in Creation at this sometimes lazy and sluggish time of year, in the full expression of the flowers, the fullness of the garden, and the growth of all things on their way to harvest and abundance. It is a time to ground ourselves into the Earth and take stock of all the things in our life which we hold with gratitude. As the closest astronomical body to earth, the moon has a profound effect on us. It represents the feminine, emotional, creative and nurturing aspects of our lives. During full moon time, everything is amplified, providing an excellent opportunity to release what you no longer need in your life or an aspect of yourself that you have outgrown.
Walking Movement Leader: Maria Rosa Galter, a Walk2Connect Core-Owner, invites you to experience the benefits of a guided contemplative walking in Creation through this Walking Inspiritus walking retreat. Maria, a graduate of Benedictine Spiritual Formation Program and graduate of the Bovine Metropolis Theater School of Improv, is an avid hiker who loves to correlate improv, life, and spirituality. She explores those spaces in her organization, Walking Inspiritus in order to re”member” ourselves and be present to ourselves, each other, and our world of transcendent beauty. We become aware of the Source of all Life that flows into our being. Our hearts unlock so we can freely play in the vast goodness of the Creator’s universe. We were created to awaken and live with joyful abandon, connected to the exuberance of love, beauty, kindness, and abundance.
About Jennifer Reeve from Remember Your Wings: As a teacher of Qoya and Hatha Yoga as well as a Wild Woman Project moon circle facilitator, Jennifer directs her students toward embodying their Divine essence through mindful movement, meditation, ritual and energy healing. She brings her wisdom to Remember Your Wings, guided by the belief that the power and magic of feminine energies are needed on earth now more than ever before!
Schedule and Planning: Meet at Alderfer Ranch parking lot (part of Three Sisters Open Space Park) at 6:45 pm for check in and to sign waivers if necessary. We will start promptly at 7:00 PM. We should be back in the parking lot a little after 9 PM when the park closes! Plan on using the restroom at the parking lot before the hike.
Directions: From I-70, take exit 252 to Evergreen. Stay on Evergreen Parkway past Evergreen Lake. Bear south (right) past the lake to Highway 73. Turn west (right) on Buffalo Park Road from Highway 73, just south of downtown Evergreen, and travel approximately 1.5 miles to the Alderfer Ranch Parking Lot (drive past the Three Sisters lot and past the yellow house and barn to the parking lot by the big meadow). Call me at 720-810-2837 if you can’t find it!
– Dogs are not allowed on this one.
– Accessibility: This is a dirt hiking trail on rolling terrain with about 400 ft of elevation gain over 3 miles. It is not wheelchair accessible.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, appropriate outerwear for weather conditions, and sunglasses/sunscreen, headlamp, and sitting pad.
– Restrooms are available at the trailhead before we go. Please plan to use restroom beforehand.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Text or call me at 720-810-2837 for the most up-to-date conditions.
Cost, Tickets, & Tips
-Guided and Meditative Walking Experience will include guided meditations, moments of joyful inspiration, readings, conversation prompts, times of silence and creativity, and just plain fun!
-Hot drink provided after our hike
Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2019.
– Credit/Debit Card: You can use the ticket feature below by selecting the number of tickets you would like and then move through your cart.
– Check: You can email or call me to hold your spot and then mail a check: Walk2Connect Cooperative, 2590 Walnut Street, Suite 77, Denver, CO 80205 (Make check out to Walk2Connect Cooperative)
- Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
- Keep checking our main event calendar here
- Follow us on Facebook here
- Become a [email protected] Champion here
- Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH