Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
Walk The Platte – Englewood
March 12, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
An event every week that begins at 9:00 am on Thursday, repeating indefinitely
TYPE: Weekly | PACE: Fitness | TERRAIN: Paved Trail | DISTANCE: 5 mi
Walk Description: Come brisk walk the Platte with us. We start and end at the same point so you can walk as long as you short as you’d like. We start in Englewood at the pavilion next to the Broken Tee Golf Course. We can have alternate routes for people that want to do less than 5 miles, just let the leader know.
Walking Movement Leader: Bob is retired fire fighter that enjoys meeting people and exercising at the same time. He is an organizer of walks with the 50 and Over Meetup group, but he extends the invite to anyone that wants to join them.
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: Meet at the outdoor pavilion next to the Broken Tee Golf Course. There is plenty of parking available. RTD route 51 stops at the nearby bus tops. We leave on the dot at 9:00AM. If you’re running late, you can contact Bob via phone or email (See below).
– Dogs are allowed on this one. Please be sure they are well-behaved and on a short leash. No retractable leashes please.
– Accessibility: it is handicap accessible, with some slight up/downhill slopes.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms are only really available at the coffee house before we go. Please plan to use restroom beforehand. We usually don’t break on this one. We move casually throughout the streets.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience this year.
RSVP: You register for this walk by A) Going through our Colorado Ramblers Meetup group linked here or B) Emailing or calling Bob at kb0xt2(at)gmail(dot)com , 720.290.1662