Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
Walking Littleton’s South Platte River
March 25 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am
TYPE: Weekly | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Flat pathways with some dirt and some pavement | DISTANCE: 3-4 miles
Walk Description: Please join us for our relaxed and casual walks along the South Platte River in Littleton. Come alone or with friends as we explore beautiful meandering pathways along the South Platte River in an environment that offers an opportunity to view diverse wildlife in a wetland area that includes 5 lakes. Eagles are even known to nest along the walkways! Aspen Grove shopping center is adjacent to the park.
Walking Movement Leaders:
Michele Oseroff: Walking for me is more than about reaching a destination. It can be a time for quiet meditation or a time for conversation with others. Last year after 35 years in a nursing career on the east coast I moved to Colorado and found Walk2Connect. It has opened many paths for me to explore and make new friends along the way, like I hope it will for you.
Karen Morjig : When I moved to CO from Portland, OR, I found myself in walking heaven. So no surprise that I answered yes without hesitation when Michele asked me to co-lead the Littleton Walk2Connect group. Not only has this organization provided me with new friends but it has also afforded me the opportunity to explore a part of my new home state.
- Meet in front of Nature Carson Center
- Cancellation is only in extreme weather such as ice, hail and lightening. Text leaders for up to date conditions.
- Restrooms available at the Nature Center and parking is accessible.
- Shops and services are nearby at Aspen Grove Mall.
- Dogs on leashes and strollers welcome
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience this year.
RSVP: You register for this walk by A) Going through our Mile High Ramblers Meetup group linked here or B) Emailing or calling one of the Walking Leaders (contact below).
1. Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
2. Keep checking our main event calendar here
3. Follow us on Facebook here
4. Become a [email protected] Champion here
5. Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH