Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
- This event has passed.
Walking Movement Leader Training – Denver, CO
July 13 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Do you enjoy walking, connecting to your neighbors, learning about your community & have a passion such as art, music, history, food, etc. Are you interested in learning how to shape your passion into a connection-focused walking experience to share with your community? The Walk2Connect Cooperative empowers individuals, community groups and businesses to bring [email protected] into everything they do, building a more human and connected world through walking.
Our training prepares people to facilitate connection-focused walks throughout Colorado and beyond, taking steps with us toward:
• Offering more community walking trips that connect people with others, with the places they experience, and with themselves, thereby building an intrinsic desire to walk.
• Growing a bold movement of individuals and communities who invest in the personal, social, and communal benefits of walking.
• Creating unique invitations for others and shaping the greater walking movement.
** Please note that registration is required for this event, see below! **
As a trained Walk2Connect Walking Movement Leader, you will:
• Be prepared to use our platform to host walks in the places you live, work, and play.
• Have the the skills & support to lead meaningful walks focused on connection with others, with place and with self.
• Be connected to a thriving & growing peer-to-peer group and opportunities for ongoing training.
**This training opportunity is also for those who want to support us by championing greater awareness, education, and passion for the endless benefits of walking culture outside of facilitating walks.**
Our Walking Movement Leader program is a significant investment from our organization into trainees’ personal excitement and passion for walking. Our volunteer Walking Movement Leaders are the heart, the backbone, and the feet on the street for our growing #Lifeat3MPH community. They are an amazing and diverse group of passionate people who touch the lives of many at a 2-3 mile per hour pace. If you or organization would like to invest in these values for your community, please reach out to us.
Location: Exact meeting location will be sent to those that sign up for the training. Note that the training includes a short walk, so wear appropriate footwear.
Please take a moment to fill out the form below to register for the training. For questions on the training, email Darcy Kitching at [email protected]