Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
- This event has passed.
Walking Movement Leader Training – Northern Colorado
December 8, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Do you enjoy walking, connecting to your neighbors, learning about your community & have a passion such as art, music, history, food, etc. Are you interested in learning how to shape your passion into a connection-focused walking experience to share with your community? Walk2Connect Waking Movement Leaders (WML) are the “feet on the street” when it comes to impacting whole-health outcomes through connection-focused walking programs.
** Please note that registration is required for this event, see below! **
Our training prepares people to facilitate connection-focused walks throughout Colorado and beyond, taking steps with us toward:
• Offering more community walking trips that connect people with others, with the places they experience, and with themselves, thereby building an intrinsic desire to walk.
• Growing a bold movement of individuals and communities who invest in the personal, social, and communal benefits of walking.
• Creating unique invitations for others and shaping the greater walking movement.
As a trained Walk2Connect Walking Movement Leader:
• You will be prepared to use our platform to host walks in the places you live, work, and play.
• Have the the skills & support to lead meaningful walks focused on connection with others, with place and with self.
• Be connected to a thriving & growing peer-to-peer group and opportunities for ongoing training.
**This training opportunity is also for those who want to help champion greater awareness, education, and passion for the endless benefits of walking culture outside of facilitating walks.**
Our Walking Movement Leader program is a significant investment from our organization into trainees’ personal excitement and passion for walking. Our volunteer Walking Movement Leaders are the heart, the backbone, and the feet on the street for our growing #Lifeat3MPH community. They are an amazing and diverse group of passionate people who touch the lives of many at a 2-3 mile per hour pace.
Location: Longmont, CO. Location will be sent to those that sign up for the trianing.
Please take a moment to fill out the form below to register for the training. For questions on the training, email Ana Lucaci at [email protected]