Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you.
- This event has passed.
Way of Men Walk: Washington Park
November 3, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 9:30 am
An event every month that begins at 8:00 am on day First of the month, repeating until December 31, 2018
TYPE: W&T | PACE: Conversational, Exploratory | TERRAIN: Paved Paths, Gravel Paths, Sidewalks | DISTANCE: Approx. 2-3 mi
This is a relaxed walk where we consider and perhaps challenge many “traditional” ways men are raised. Often as men we are taught to that displaying our emotions is a sign of weakness. During this walk we will begin to breakdown these views and step into a more vulnerable truth. As a man and as a HUMAN we will have days where we cannot be our strongest selves and we need to lean on others for help. In a world where men are more than not portrayed to be macho, superhuman, self sufficient individual, let us break this traditional sense and just be our natural, vulnerable, human selves.
Your Walking Host: Walking Movement Leader and Co-Founder of Spirituality for Men, Max Marschhausen. Since Graduating College in 2014, I have been on this spiritual/personal discovery journey. For a long time I carried the warrior mindset, “just bite your upper lip and fight through the pain, but do it alone and don’t show anyone your weaknesses.” After a long year of battling with myself, I literally woke up one morning and said to myself “I’m done! This is not a sustainable or healthy mindset for me to live in.” After this self declaration I devoted my time and energy to “Knowing Myself”. I began to read a lot of self help books and practice meditation which unlocked new pains for me to acknowledge and work through. In digging through these years of pent up pain and emotion, what I learned was that I was trapped in an old system of beliefs.
I’m leading Way of Men Walks because I know I’m not alone in these feelings. My goal is to create a community where men can come together, and be vulnerable, and true with one another, and ask for support from one another if they need it. We will hold each other accountable and allow each other to show up exactly as we are. So join me and lets challenge the old Way of Men and breed a new Way of Men. You can check out the website and facebook page for Spirituality for Men for more information, too.
– Dogs are allowed on this one. Please be sure they are well-behaved and on a short leash. No retractable leashes please.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy. We can adapt the route so you are with our group on quieter neighborhood streets.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms are only really available at the coffee house before we go. Please plan to use restroom beforehand.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2018