Welcome to our walking event calendar. Please use the search features below to find walks located near you. Or you might also appreciate our MAP VIEW of upcoming events to find the nearest walk to you.
Join us for the 2018 Connection Challenge!
TYPE: STSP Weekly| PACE: Conversational & Exploratory | TERRAIN: Mostly trail | DISTANCE: 1.5+ miles
About the Walk: This walk is for the Kids but that doesn’t mean we can’t have some fun too. We will work out those after school jitters by exploring together in nature’s playground. Together, we will let the kids “lead” by exploring and let them foster a sense of adventure. You are welcome to join in the fun even if you don’t have kids or yours are grown. All are welcome!
Walking Movement Leader: Sarah is a Member/Owner of Walk2Connect. She is a passionate personal trainer, certified in sports nutrition, nature lover & TED Talk addict. Her hope is to help grow the ‘Life@3MPH Movement’ and help others experience some of the whole-health benefits, energy and pure joy that she receives from walking.
Schedule and Planning: We will meet outside the parking lot next to the Simms Open Space off 100th. We will leave promptly at 3:35 or you are welcome to join in on the trail if you are running behind.
Life@3MPH Champion? Click here to join!
– Dogs are welcome on this one. Please keep them on a leash and as long as they are super with kids of all types.
– Accessibility: This is a dirt trail with some moderate hills. Strollers/double strollers and wheelchairs should be fine.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, appropriate outer ware for weather conditions.
**Bring extra clothes!!!
– Restrooms are only really available at the trailhead before we go. Please plan to use restroom beforehand.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening (or the occasional flu bug). Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
**Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience in 2017. Please include all little ones that will be joining on the walk.
RSVP: You register for this walk by RSVP’ing by going to our North Metro Walkers Meetup Page, or by emailing Sarahs (at) walk2connect.com , or call/text 616.490.3118.
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH