TYPE: Special Event | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Dirt trail, possible snow, sidewalks, multi-use paths | DISTANCE: Approx. 15 miles total end-to-end
Walk Description: This 15-mile marquee event for Winter Walk and Bike Week takes urban hikers from Gunbarrel to South Boulder along dirt trails, multi-use paths, and sidewalks, through natural areas and neighborhoods, with scenic viewpoints and plenty of rest stops along the way. Choose your own adventure and start at any of four points. The adventure begins at 9:00 am at Tod's Espresso in Gunbarrel and ends at 5:00 pm at the Southern Sun in South Boulder. Walk from one end of Boulder to the other on this wonderful winter ramble in great company!
All directions and timings are listed in the route map here.
Schedule and Planning:
Please choose the walk length that is right for you - start at any of the following points, at the listed times:
- Starting Point 1, Mile 0, 9 a.m.: Begin at Tod's Espresso, 6558 Lookout Road, Boulder 80301. Get here via the 205 bus, or carpool.
- Starting Point 2, Mile 3, 10:00 a.m.: Meet the group at Celestial Seasonings, 4600 Sleepytime Drive, Boulder 80301, just outside of the tea-tasting room. We will take a quick break here to use the restroom and warm up with tea, and resume walking at 10:15 am.
- Starting Point 3, Mile 7, 12:00 p.m.: Meet the group at The Roadhouse Boulder Depot, where we will take a 45-minute lunch break and resume walking no later than 1:00 pm.
- Starting Point 4, Mile 10.5, 2:30 p.m.: Meet the group at the Dushanbe Teahouse, 1770 13th Street, Boulder 80302. We will take a quick rest break and enjoy a cup of tea here, resuming walking no later than 2:45 pm.
- End Point, Mile 15, 5:00 p.m.: We'll celebrate with a group dinner at the Southern Sun Pub & Brewery, 627 S. Broadway in the Table Mesa Shopping Center!
Go to the RTD Trip Planner to learn ways to take transit to or from your chosen starting and ending points on February 15. Modify the start/end points and arrival time in the Trip Planner to discover the best way to meet us at each point.
Be sure to RSVP and send an email to [email protected] with which starting point you're choosing. We'll have a list of people to meet at each point.
Please text the walk leader, Darcy, at 303-250-2436 to connect with the group along the way and double-check our ETA.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected]
- No dogs, please.
- Be sure to choose the starting point and walk length that is right for you, and tell us where you'll start.
- Dress comfortably in layers, with warm boots or shoes, hat, gloves, sunglasses and anything else you need to stay warm and comfortable. Review our Winter Walking Tips graphic here.
Cancellation Policy: This event will take place regardless of the weather, unless there is a major snowstorm or other dangerous weather. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
About Boulder Ramblers:
The Colorado-based Walk2Connect Cooperative works with individuals and organizations to create whole-health outcomes through innovative walking programs focused on connecting to others, to place and to self. Our Boulder community, Boulder Ramblers, offers a variety of local walks and hikes led by trained volunteer Walking Movement Leaders in Boulder, Longmont and Louisville. We also partner with GO Boulder to develop walking events that orient community members to the city's pedestrian facilities and invite feedback about them. Across the Front Range, W2C principals and trained volunteer Walking Movement Leaders lead dozens of free community walks every week.
Learn more: http://www.Walk2Connect.comConnect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH
6558 Lookout Rd
Boulder, CO 80301
Google map and directions