TYPE: Series | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Mostly sidewalks and streets | DISTANCE: Approx. 4 mi |
Walk Description: Let’s take happy Hour to the streets! What better way to wind down after the work week than a walk and a beer? We partnered with Factotum on the border of the Platte Park neighborhood in Denver to create a unique, informative and fun loop through multiple Denver neighborhoods that starts and ends at Grandma’s House. As we walk, we will dive into the history of the various neighborhoods and look at the changes over the years. After the walk, your first beer (or soft drink) at Grandma’s House is included with your ticket. We can relax and celebrate our time together. Grandma’s House serves small snacks if you find yourself hungry.
- Route TBD
- Points of interest along the way – TBD
- One beer or soft drink while we celebrate our time together after the walk
- Small gift from Walk2Connect
- Your ticket helps support the Walk2Connect Cooperative, which hosts 40-60 free community walks every week.
- A portion of your ticket also go directly to supporting our leaders who scout the route, connect with partners along the route, research important historical facts and try their very best to provide you with a memorable walking experience.
Walking Movement Leader: Dustin Ratcliff is a founding core owner of the Walk2Connect Cooperative. He deeply believes that walking together with an open mind has the power to unite us as people. He invites you to walk with him and share a beer as we celebrate our similarities and our differences with each other on a walk.
Schedule and Planning: We will meet at Grandma’s House (1710 South Broadway, Denver CO 80210) at 5:30 pm. Please arrive early if you want food, drink or need the restroom before we start. We will leave no later than 5:40 pm so please call or text Dustin if you are running late or lost.
This is the last walk of a 3 part series. A fall series will be announced soon by Dustin. If you’d like to be notified about it reach out to him at [email protected]
- Little Machine Brewery – Jefferson Park – June 14th
- Seedstock Brewery – West Colfax – June 28th
- Grandma’s House – Platt Park – July 12th
Tickets & Contact:
– Credit/Debit Card: You can use the ticket feature below by selecting the number of tickets you would like and then move through your cart.
– Check: You can email or call one of the organizers below to hold your spot and then mail a check: Walk2Connect Cooperative, 2590 Walnut St. #77 Denver, CO 80205 (Make check out to Walk2Connect Cooperative).
***Remember [email protected] Champions receive 10% off.
Send questions to Dustin Ratcliff – (480)329-3344 – [email protected]
Welcome Waiver – First time Walk2Connect Walker or first time this year, please sign our Welcome Waiver
- Water, hat, sunscreen, camera, snacks.
- Friendly dogs are welcome – Must be well behaved and no retractable leashes please!
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing, and you may also want to include appropriate outerwear, hats, and gloves to accommodate for the weather.
- Accessibility: If you have a stroller or are in a wheelchair, please be mindful of the distance (3-4 miles). We will be on sidewalks (some broken and uneven) and streets for the majority of the walk.
- Restrooms will be available one place throughout our walk. Please use the restroom before we start.
Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Walks will be cancelled by 6 am that morning so check in with me if you are questioning it.
- Sign-up for weekly Walk2Connect emails here
- Keep checking our main event calendar here
- Follow us on Facebook here
- Become a [email protected] Champion here
- Learn more about leading walks in your area by becoming a Walking Movement Leader here
Connect with our social media community ~ @Walk2Connect | #Lifeat3MPH
1710 S Broadway
Denver, CO 80210
Google map and directions