The Walk2Connect Cooperative empowers individuals, community groups, and businesses to bring [email protected] into everything they do, building a more human and connected world through walking.
Interested in starting a walk? Pick a path that fits you:
1a. Movement Circle Training (Closed Walking Groups)
- Virtual or group training opportunity to guide smaller groups of people/circles (3-8 people)
- Leaning local, at least 3-month commitment
- Visibility Welcome Kit
- Co-op Membership Encouraged
* This training will be held, virtually, every month alternating between the last Saturday & Wednesday of the month. To sign up for the next training, Click Here.
1b. Public Events Training (Public Walking Events)*
- Public event hosting and promotion (Meetup & Outreach)
- Walking events larger than 8 (Safety, Connection, RSVP)
- One-time events, recurring, themed
*These will be additional short trainings following the monthly training schedule. If you are interested, Click Here.
2. Individual Online Training (Self-Guided)*
- Movement Circle Training not required
- Includes Public Events Training
- Immediate access to our online training - Sign Up Here
Want to dive deeper into our CO-OP? Check out other ways to join our Leadership team. Click here, to fill out an inquiry form.
3. Chapter Leader*
4. Movement Builder Owner*
5. Core Owner*
*Co-op Membership Required,
Our Movement Leader program is a significant investment from our organization into trainees’ personal excitement and passion for walking. Our volunteer Walking Movement Leaders are the heart, the backbone, and the feet on the street for our growing #Lifeat3MPH community. They are an amazing and diverse group of passionate people who touch the lives of many at a 1,2 or 3 mile per hour pace.
What you’ll learn in our training.
As a trained Walk2Connect Walking Movement Leader, you will:
- Be prepared to host walks in the places you live, work, and play.
- Have the skills & support to lead meaningful walks focused on connection with others, with place, and with self.
- Be connected to a thriving & growing peer-to-peer group and opportunities for ongoing training.
**This training opportunity is also for those who want to support us by championing greater awareness, education, and passion for the endless benefits of walking culture outside of facilitating walks.**