TYPE: Weekly (Tuesday) | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Mixed terrain | DISTANCE: Approx. 2.5 mi
Walk Description: Welcome to Walk2Connect’s first Same Time Same Place walk! We are more than 6 years strong. We have quite the variety of new and friendly participants including a host of inviting and welcoming regulars. This walk is relaxed, casual, and fun as we explore various roads, parkways, commercial districts, and alleyways of the Historic Park Hill neighborhood in East Denver. Come to make new friends while getting the mind, body, and spirit moving at the pace you were built to.jonathon stalls, walk2connect, [email protected], lifeat3mphWalking
Movement Leader: Jonathon Stalls is the Creator of Intrinsic Paths and the Founder of Walk2Connect. He’s Co-Founder of the Walk2Connect Co-op. He’s walked thousands of miles and has committed much of his life to growing a [email protected] Movement to help people connect through walking. Watch his TEDx talk here!
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: We will meet at 7:00 am just inside or in front of Honey Hill Cafe (formerly known as Spinelli’s Bakery & Coffee) on 23rd & Dexter. We’ll talk through Walk2Connect goals, answer any questions and lightly warm up. If you are going to get coffee or use the restroom please plan to show up before 7:00 am. Sometimes the bakery doesn’t open until 7:00 am, so if that’s the case, we wait for folks to use restroom or get a quick coffee. We leave NO LATER than 7:10 am. We should be done walking no later than 8:10 am. You can of course leave early if you need to. There is plenty of neighborhood parking and the 20 bus drops off right in front of our meeting location.
– Dogs are allowed on this one. Please be sure they are well-behaved and on a short leash. No retractable leashes please.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind the sidewalks are cracked and bumpy. We can adapt the route so you are with our group on quieter neighborhood streets.
– Wear/Bring: comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen.
– Restrooms are only really available at the coffee house before we go. Please plan to use restroom beforehand. We usually don’t break on this one. We move casually throughout the streets.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
Welcome Waivers: Please fill out the online “Welcome Waiver” or download, print, sign, and turn in a hard copy if this will be your first Walk2Connect walking experience for the year.
RSVP: You register for this walk by A) Going through our Colorado Ramblers Meetup group, linked here or B) Emailing or calling Jonathon at jonathon (at) intrinsic paths (dot) com, 303.908.0076.
4628 E 23rd Ave
Denver, CO 80207
Google map and directions