Reorienting to the Light: A Summer Solstice Nature Wander
Saturday, June 20 @ 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
On the longest day of the year, let nature’s wisdom illuminate your path. Venture into a pristine, secluded natural environment where you can allow mindful movement, soul healing moments in nature, and sharing with others to invite you back to the light within you. Maria Rosa Galter of Waking Inspiritus and Jennifer Reeve of Remember Your Wings invite you to:
- Take time to connect with the sights, sounds and smells of the forest
- Walk and be with the Land through guided meditations and wanders to activate your intuition, reflect, and gain insight
- Reorient to nature’s cycles as you set intention and shed light on your inner wisdom through reflections and journaling
- Experience yourself as Wise, Wild & Free as you practice *Qoya outdoors
- Connect and share with others on the welcoming lap of Mother Earth
- LIMITED TO 8 PARTICIPANTS!
Wear and Bring:
- Clothing you can move freely in and good walking shoes
- Appropriate gear for the weather: rainjacket, sun screen, hat, windbreaker, etc.
- Water Bottle
- Snacks and Lunch
- Small towel to sit on
Notes and Disclaimers:
- Due to COVID-19 this event is limited to 8 participants.
- We will be outdoors for the entire event.
- In a group setting, we will remain 6 feet apart. Masks are recommended when closer than 6 feet, however, we will be maintaining 6 feet of distance at all times.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available.
- If you are not feeling well, you are respectfully asked to stay home, and we will refund your registration fee.
- We will be walking about 4 miles at about 8,700 feet in elevation with some uphill climbs and possible uneven footing along wide trails.
- There are NO bathrooms at the trailhead or along the trail.
- We are walking in nature. Nature is wild. Occasionally we encounter wild animals. We sometimes encounter dead ones.
- We respect the weather and value your safety. If it is stormy, we will reschedule.
Directions: See Google Maps
Welcome Waiver: Due to COVID 19, we are requesting that all walkers fill out and sign our revised 2020 Welcome Waiver here.
*Qoya is based on the simple idea that through movement, we remember our essence as women is wise, wild and free. The movements in Qoya reflect these themes: Wise—movement connected with breath, Wild—the experience of moving the way your body wants to move, and Free—the freedom to find pleasure in our bodies without focusing on how they look. We reclaim our capacity to access our inner wisdom, express ourselves authentically, and practice being true to ourselves in the midst of life’s blessings and challenges. The very best thing about Qoya is that there is no way to do it wrong, and the way you know you are doing it right is that it feels right to you!
Beaver Brook Canyon Road
Evergreen, CO 80439
Google map and directions