TYPE: Bi-Weekly | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Mostly sidewalks, green space (unpaved) | DISTANCE: 2.5 miles
Walk2Connect hosts a FREE get-out-and-move opportunity bi-weekly on Wednesdays leaving from Governor’s Park on 7th Avenue between Logan & Pennsylvania. We start at 12:15 p.m. to enjoy a mid-workday break. (This walk accommodates workers who need to return promptly after the lunch break so we observe a firm start time). We’ll walk through a beautiful Cap Hill neighborhood and explore green spaces, too.
Come out and explore Denver by foot, meet a new friend, or just clear your mind. You can count on Walk2Connect trips for a fun, easy-going, communal and social on-foot experience. This is also a great way to meet other ‘daily’ walking friends nearby. I hope you’ll come out to enjoy this unique opportunity to connect with one another, ourselves, and our surroundings.
Schedule & Meeting Location: Meet near the bench & Governors' Park sign at 7th & Pennsylvania where we'll make introductions, answer any questions, and lightly warm up. We'll leave the park at 12:15pm and stroll for 45 minutes. You can of course leave early if you need to.
– Parking: Ample street parking on 7th, Pennsylvania, and Logan.
– Social dogs welcome on relatively short leash as we often pass many people and dogs on our route. This is not an appropriate walk to train your dog on sitting at intersections as we do not stop unless there is a traffic signal or other reason to stop at an intersection.
– Weather: Autumn and even winter afternoons may be cool but you could end up warm by the end of the walk. Layering and a water bottle are great for keeping comfortable.
– Breaks, Restrooms: Port-a-potties at the park, but planning restroom before arrival is recommended (trader joe’s, across the street, may have public restroom).
– Cancellations: Rain or shine. Will cancel in the event of dangerous weather conditions (such as ice on walks). Notification will be made through Meetup, or via email if you’ve contacted me directly.
– Comfortable socks & shoes (pref. NON cotton socks!)
– Light backpack w/water and snack foods (almonds, bars, fruit)
– Sunglasses & Sunscreen (and hat if you wear them)
– Bring (thinner) layers depending on anticipated temperature and light rain gear just in case.