Are you interested in starting your own Walk2Connect Chapter and lead this foot revolution one walk at a time? Join us by starting your own Chapter near you!
Walk2Connect defines a Chapter as a group with its own character and identity that serves a specific geographical area through volunteer-led walking groups. If you are interested in leading and starting a Chapter in your area, read on!
Your path forward:
1. Contact us! Contact us to schedule a 1/2 hour Q&A call with one of our Walk2Connect Core Owners to get the ball rolling! We want to listen to you and hear about your vision for your Chapter.
2. Get trained and become a Member! Become a Walking Movement Leader and Walk2Connect Supporter Member. Learn more about Walking Movement Leaders by visiting our webpage. Click here to receive access to your free online, self-guided Walking Movement Leader Training.
Why become a Member? As a Walk2Connect Supporter Member you sustain the Lifeat3MPH Movement by supporting our day to day operations and grassroots mission. Learn more about Co-ops, HERE. By supporting our work to help people connect with themselves, with others and with the places they encounter, our members invite and inspire more individuals, communities, businesses, families, and future generations to benefit from walking and connecting at the speed we were built to move.
3. Pay your Chapter Dues of $300 to start your Chapter. These dues pay for: our Walk2Connect and Lifeat3MPH trusted brand, a MeetUp Pro Chapter Group, a Walk2Connect branded Chapter FB Group, a Walk2Connect Chapter Page on our website, technical support, ongoing resources.
4. Schedule Your Technical Support Call! Contact your team lead to schedule a 1 hour of technical support to get you on your way!
For Community-Based Organizations
If you represent a Community-Based Organization, we can help you launch your own Chapter! A Chapter Launch for your organization includes:
- Volunteer and/or staff training on how to organize and lead Connection-Focused Walks
- Your own Meetup Pro Group & Facebook Page
- Customized Walk2Connect Website Page
- An official Launch Event customized to your needs
- Technical support
- Contact us for details: [email protected]