TYPE: Weekly | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Flat pathways with some dirt and some pavement | DISTANCE: 3-4 miles
Walk Description: Please join us for our relaxed and casual walks along the South Platte River in Littleton. Come alone or with friends as we explore beautiful meandering pathways along the South Platte River in an environment that offers an opportunity to view diverse wildlife in a wetland area that includes 5 lakes. Eagles are even known to nest along the walkways! Aspen Grove shopping center is adjacent to the park.
Walking Movement Leaders:
Michele Oseroff: Walking for me is more than about reaching a destination. It can be a time for quiet meditation or a time for conversation with others. Last year after 35 years in a nursing career on the east coast I moved to Colorado and found Walk2Connect. It has opened many paths for me to explore and make new friends along the way, like I hope it will for you.
- Meet in front of Nature Carson Center
- Cancellation is only in extreme weather such as ice, hail and lightening. Text leaders for up to date conditions.
- Restrooms available at the Nature Center and parking is accessible.
- Shops and services are nearby at Aspen Grove Mall.
- Dogs on leashes and strollers welcome
RSVP: You register for this walk by A) Going through our Mile High Ramblers Meetup group linked here or B) Emailing or calling one of the Walking Leader (contact below).
3000 W Carson Dr
Littleton, CO 80120
Google map and directions