TYPE: Walk'n Talk | PACE: Conversational | TERRAIN: Gravel, Sidewalk | DISTANCE: Approx. 2 mi
Walk Description: Have you been curious about terms like the Gift Economy or Gig Economy? Are you curious about creative ways to offer, support, and bless others with your time and skill in other ways beyond money? This will be a fun and informative Walk'n Talk experience learning from and connecting to the Founder/Creator of a new app called, Easyah. When asked to describe the app, Johnathan said "It let's you turn the positive energy that you give people, into constructive energy that people give you". Johnathan will share with us (1) Why he created the app? What inspired it? (2) How the app works and some examples for how others have used it, and (3) Some tips, tools, and next steps as he invites more and more people to test it out. Learn more about the app at http://www.easyah.com.
Our Guest: Johnathan James is a native of Denver, Colorado. He's a father, a computer programmer, and enjoys thinking about, and bringing about, ways to make the world a better place. Prefers milk chocolate over dark chocolate. You get out what you put in! Be the change!
Walking Movement Leader: Jonathon Stalls Founded Walk2Connect in 2012 soon after he completed a 242 day walk across the USA. He is currently developing his new creative project, Intrinsic Paths. Founded Walk2Connect in 2012. Jonathon has walked thousands of miles and has committed much of his life to grow a [email protected] Movement to help people connect to one another, to their surroundings, and to oneself through walking.
Have a Smartphone? Bring it! Please take a few minutes to download the app in advance so Johnathan can help you with any direct questions and walk us all through how we can more intentionally use it.
Don't have a Smartphone? No problem. You are still invited to join us and learn about his creative vision for Easyah.
Schedule, Planning, and Nearby Transit: We will meet at 6:15 pm near the large rocks just near the sidewalk circling the small parking lot (roughly across from 17th and Jackson at Denver's City Park). We will spend plenty of time walking and will take small breaks to try the app together. Depending on the weather, we may find an indoor place to gather.
– Dogs are not allowed on this one.
– Accessibility: If you’re on a stroller or wheelchair, keep in mind that some of the walking areas are cracked and bumpy. We will walk/roll on the best surfaces throughout City Park to help make your experience as comfortable as possible.
– Wear/Bring: Comfortable socks & clothing (pref. non-cotton!), light backpack for snacks and water, gloves/scarf, head cap if cool outside, and sunglasses/sunscreen. Consider extra layers!
- There are portable toilets throughout City Park. Please use restroom before you go.
– Cancellation Policy: We only cancel in extreme weather conditions on our path, such as ice, hail, or lightening. Check Meetup or text the walk leader for the most up-to-date conditions.
3853 E 17th Ave
Denver, CO 80206
Google map and directions