Day 12: TED Walk (NOT on your Bingo Card)
Since we have more days in October than we do bingo spots, you get a few extra days that are not included on the card. Today is one of them.
My favorite walks to lead are TED WALKS! This is where we all watch the suggested talk & discuss it over a walk. I invite you to watch this (18 min) talk, The Danger of a Single Story. *Be on the lookout for more TED Walks this fall/winter.
'Our lives, our cultures, are composed of many overlapping stories. Novelist Chimamanda Adichie tells the story of how she found her authentic cultural voice -- and warns that if we hear only a single story about another person or country, we risk a critical misunderstanding.'
Daily Task: (optional)
Today's WALKtober Challenge is to:
1) Watch this TED TALK
2) Join in our virtual walk at 12 - Click here for the zoom link (yes you can still walk even if you don't watch the talk!)
3) Share (with us & or your walking buddy) on the following questions below.
* Start with your story. What is your family lineage?
* In what ways has your lineage shaped your life?
* What are some examples of a single story in your personal life?
* What single stories do you have?
* In what ways are you more similar than different to those aforementioned stories?
* How can we reject a single story & regain the kind of paradise she is talking about?
Let's use our 'stories to empower and humanize' each other once again.
Nature Walking Health Coach & Personal Trainer
Core-Owner of Walk2Connect Co-op and Founder of Strides Life